Key worker homes
Developed to make life a little easier for NHS staff, our key worker accommodation is close to busy hospitals in London and Southern England. If you work for the NHS or other critical public services, these homes are reserved for you.
What is it?
Intermediate rent is usually 80% of what you would be charged if you rented privately. It’s available to key workers and others finding it hard to afford market rent prices in London and the Southern England.
You can choose to rent brand-new and refurbished properties, with tenancies from 6 months to 5 years.
Is it for me?
Although each local authority has its own criteria for intermediate rent, you’re likely to be eligible if:
- You’re a key worker (in some areas, you may be eligible if you’re not a key worker too)
- You have a permanent job or at least 6 months on your current contract
- You can afford the rent (with or without financial help, such as Housing Benefit or Universal Credit)
- You’re saving to buy a home in the next 5 years, but you can’t afford one yet
- You have a decent credit history and you haven’t breached your current tenancy agreement in the last year
- You already live or work in the area
- Your total household income is less than £71,000–£85,000 a year (the exact amount depends on your local authority and the size of the property you need to rent).
Why rent with us?
We’re an established, regulated, award-winning landlord. Besides a choice of homes to match your budget, we offer good, honest renting with no hidden costs.
Because we own and manage all our properties ourselves, you’ll enjoy prompt service when you rent from us. And we believe in keeping things simple – from contracts to processes. All of this helps take the stress out of finding a new home and leaves you more time to prepare for your move.
How do I apply?
Check the details on the property you’re interested in applying for.
What types of homes do you have for key workers?
- Furnished single or double en-suites with shared kitchen facilities
- Furnished studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom apartments
As a key worker, you may also qualify for our intermediate rent properties if you’re currently saving to buy your own home.
Where do you have key worker housing?
- Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Guildford, Surrey
- Hammersmith, London
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Redhill, Surrey
- Stanwell, Surrey
What size home can I rent from you as a key worker?
- If you’re single, you’ll usually be able to rent a single room or a studio flat.
- If you’re a couple, you can rent a double room, a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment.
- If you’re a family, you’ll be eligible for our 2 or 3 bedroom homes.
How do I apply?
Check the details on the property you’re interested in applying for. When you let us know you’re interested, we’ll email you an application form and further details.
You’ll find contact details on each key worker property listing. Use these to get straight through to the right person. Or you can call our Central Lettings team on 0800 432 0077.
Find a home to rent
- +5 miles
- +10 miles
- +20 miles
- +50 miles
- +100 miles